Saturday, January 16, 2010

Part 3/4: Rewriting that DULL AS DIRT Temple Script.


And flattopSF went forth and lived in this garden known as the Real World, wherein were placed all manner of fruits, flowers, and vegetation. Of every tree of the garden flattopSF freely ate.

And of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, flattopSF did taste of some of the fruit of that tree. In fact,
he did taste of extra-large portions in abundance.

And yea, he found that it was delicious to the taste and very desirable. And yea, then it came to pass that flattopSF realized with a surety that Mormon doG was a goddamned liar, for in that very first taste he knew there was nothing wrong with the gay existence of flattopSF.
Life became worth living. And let me tell you, it's been good. I have been blessed beyond my dreams. But one day...:

One day in 2001 I was on the phone with my mother and had just run down the list of the Mormons’ anti-gay campaigns across the nation...Alaska, Hawai'i, Vermont, and California, with Proposition 22—the “Knight Initiative”. I spelled out how much of her tithing money it had cost.

She said: "That is a lie."

I said: "Excuse me, did you just call me a liar?"

The phone got real quiet for about a minute.

She said: "Yes. That is a lie."

I said: "That's the second time in my life you've called me a liar. It just proves the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is up to, doesn't it? I didn't know you were in the habit of reading the investigative articles in the San Francisco and Los Angeles newspapers [she lives in the Midwest]."

She said: "I'm not and I don't need to, to know what I know. I don't believe they're doing what you said they did. You're just making these things up to start fights with us whenever you call. They got up in church and read a statement telling us that we should love our homosexual family members."

I said: "Since when do you need permission from your church to love your own son?"

I knew then my mother had abandoned her son for her church. A couple of months later I received an extremely manipulative 12-page letter from her, and never heard from her again.

I was done with that.

I'm worth more than that.

8^D


Ed. Created by Kerry Rutz.

1 comment:

JNOV said...

Yes, My Love -- You Are Worth Much, MUCH MORE than THAT!