Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Repossessed

I'm sitting in the living room. My three cats have just been taken by Animal Control. They were living in my mother's backyard, around the corner, and I took care of them.

I fed and gave them clean water. I played with them. They had their shots. They were wormed and de-fleaed, de-ticked, de-earmited -- I did the best I could for someone who can't have cats where she lives. I live here by the grace of a family member. I look after her schizophrenic brother who speaks with Jesus.

I had each cat because of an act of my mother.

She wanted them gone.

They're gone.

I wailed.

They loved me even when I put them in their carriers. They loved me even when they were put in the van. 

She did it fast. It's hot. They need to be in the air conditioned van.

I wailed.

I told my neighbor that he'd better not tell my mother that I cried. She wins when I cry.

I walked home, and I wailed.

I'm watching a car getting repossessed.

It's a clinical distraction.

No comments: